I have a confession to make. I like to throw tantrums. I get frustrated with my writing and tell myself and anyone who will listen and not call me on it later that I'm going to trash the entire story and never touch it again.
This usually only lasts a couple of hours. I've learned the most important thing I can do in that span of time is to not touch the offending story. To not look at it, or think about it or let it linger in my life in any way.
That's been me a couple of times now with my current chapter 1. It's so close, but so not. Which is okay, because after my tantrum yesterday, and some much-needed encouragement, I've figured out my newest 'brilliant' solution. And because of it I will spend the morning researching Tibetian monks and civil unrest in Asia.
Anyway, here are the rules of the Lucky 7 meme:
- Go to page 77 of your current MS.
- Go to line 7.
- Copy down the next 7 lines - sentences or paragraphs - and post them as they're written. No cheating.
- Tag 7 authors.
This is from Apathy's Hero:
Theo hadn't had to do it. He was Hades only son, and had been born part demon, part god, part human.
Theo chuckled and pushed his plate away. "Yeah, you are. You're keeping it hidden though. Why?"
Conner rolled his eyes. "I think I would remember making a pact with a demon. Why would I go to Gahena, anyway?"
"Good question." Theo's scrutiny didn't let up. "Why were you there?"
Conner sighed. There was no point in denying that bit of his past. Traces of being there still lingered in his aura, it had been confirmed more than once. But he knew it wasn't a demon. It couldn't be. "For you. When I thought Zeus had destroyed you, I got Lucifer to show me the way. Ba'al was gone, Zeus was killing heroes, I was hoping for someone to help me fight back. But nothing happened. Hades laughed at me and threw me out."
"And you left unscathed?" A small smile still played on Theo's face. "As you would say, whatever. Speaking of Lucifer, what are the odds I can see this place you work?"
"You mean you want to reacquaint yourself with the enemy?" Conner kept the joke light, feeling the tension leak away with the change in subject.
- Favorite Color: Red. Just red. There's something about it.
- Favorite Animal: My kitten (who is actually 6 years old and not really a kitten at all), RafKat
- Favorite Number: 106 (long story. Or maybe just boring story ^_~)
- Favorite (non-alcoholic) drink: Hmm...A really well made, sugar free latte. Mint, or mocha, or caramel, or my current addiction, vanilla raspberry
- Facebook or Twitter: Depends on the day of the week and where more people are hanging out that day.
- My passion: Really? Yes, it's my stories.
- Getting or Giving presents: Both. I love finding the perfect gift for someone and watching their face when they open it. But I also enjoy the same in return. It doesn't have to be expensive, it really is the thought that counts.
- Favorite Pattern: Polka dots. Obscenely colored, random or ordered, everywhere.
- Favorite Day of the Week: Saturday.
- Favorite Flower: Daisies. Pretty, simple, elegant.
I'm supposed to tag 7 of you, but so many of you have already received this. If you're here, and you're a regular reader, I follow and enjoy your blog as well. I'd like you to have this and have fun with it and tell us all about yourself. And let me know in the comments that you've picked up the award so we can all come visit you ^_^